Thank you for your interest in International Christian School. On this page you will find an overview of the application and enrollment process. Although we have made a purposeful effort on this web site to give visitors a good overview of our school, we always encourage prospective parents to visit our campus, pick up our “first packet” (described below), and get a glimpse of ICS in action.
The steps for a child to enroll in the International Christian School are these:
- First Packet – Completely fill out each of the forms and return them with the appropriate registration fee (check or money order, please – no cash – nonrefundable) and a copy of your child’s most recent report card (elementary or junior high) or transcript (for transfer of high school course credits). You may obtain a physical packet from the school office when you come to visit, or we can mail or email you this packet upon request.
- Second Packet – Upon receipt of the registration fee and forms, our office will provide a second packet of forms – medical, parental permission forms, etc. Please complete and return these as soon as possible as they are a required part of your file.
- Exam Scheduling – After we supply your second packet, our office will contact you (depending on when the next testing is offered) to schedule an entrance/placement exam for your child (no exam for kindergarten applicants).
- Exam – Other children may be testing before, after, or with your child, so please be on time; a late child can disrupt the entire process and may even have to be rescheduled. If you have not yet returned all of your forms from the second packet, please plan to bring them along at this time as well.
- Interview Scheduling – Our office must receive both the Church Reference Form and a copy of your child’s most recent report card (elementary or junior high) or transcript (for transfer of high school course credits) before an interview may be scheduled or conducted.
- Interview – The child and at least one parent must be present at the interview. At the interview, which will be conducted by the principal or an admissions counselor, the results of the entrance/placement exam will be discussed along with important school policies.
- Acceptance/Non-acceptance – Pending the outcome of the entrance exam, the interview, and the receipt of all required forms and materials, a determination will be made regarding acceptance. You will be notified by mail as to the result.
Please be aware that since registrations processed during the normal registration season are more efficient and allow us to prepare more effectively for the new school term, the registration fee is substantially less than at other times. Applications submitted close to the start of school can be more challenging to process, so we ask for your patience if you should need to apply during that time.
Again, thank you for your interest in International Christian School. We look forward to hearing from you soon!
International Christian School does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, or national origin.